Pages

Search

Custom Search

Monday, September 22, 2008

IF by Rudyard Kipling - THE BEST POEM ABOUT LIFE

EDITED AND SPECIAL NOTATION - Courtesy Me

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
// Tells how to deal the most problematic fools and people who believe you to be foolish. So the next time you tell me i am odd, just remember that i believe in these lines and that is the only reason you are safe.//

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
// Well this is one thing i have ample amount in me. I can trust not just me but also all my friends. i always trust that i will do things better for humanity, me and my friends while i trust my friends that they will never think or plan anything that will hurt me. //

But make allowance for their doubting too,
// Whenever you are in doubt just call me. you don't trust me then no need to call me just leave me alone and i will know.//

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
// Common i have been waiting for 19 years for the perfect woman of my life, do i look tired to you. just kidding i have patience enough in games but am extremely impatient while i am waiting for replies.//

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
// OK nobody's perfect so i do do deal in lies, rather i am heavily involved in lying and deceiving but not in the case of my friends unless its for fun. Also my friends are reminded that i have been lying from when i was eight so i can easily read through your lies but i just do not tell. //

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
// This is something i can not help about. I know half half the world hates me but then again who cares. I know this for sure that i can never hate anybody even my worst enemy for more than 10 minutes. //

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
// I do not look good as i am freedom minded person so this was never a problem to keep. Wise talk comes with my high IQ so that can be left alone. //

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
// I just aim never dream. I aim to sleep or eat every chance i get. Just kidding. I always dream big and different. Work my heart out and dream on. //

If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
// Everybody can think so i will leave this here. //

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
// Well i keep only happiness in my life so triumphs are specially to be enjoyed. Even the ones of others. So party coopers this is the reason i ask for parties :) . I do take disaster lightly as they do not effect me. I can walk pass through every disaster this i know for sure. //


If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
// I desire only to learn how to do this for i cannot bear manipulations and fools or innocents being trapped. //

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:
// This is possible for me only if i have friends to support me. I do not friends to help but to be with me every time such thinks break. //

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
// These are my favorite lines from the poem. This is the way i want to treat the life. I have to take every loss and start again. This is why i liked the computer the best and why i choose computer science. For every time i format computer i know i will find better things to put back. Every time i loose some file i know how to make another better one. //

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
// If i go by my horoscope i will outlast everybody i love so i am already preparing for that. //

And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"
// Better to die than live such a life but i can always hold on for others or if i know there is something still left to do or complete. //

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
// I do not change with people and that includes everything. //

Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
// I keep my ways with common people and just keep in touch with kings. It is this desire that makes me roam out. //

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
// No foe of mine can hurt me for i can take any loss or any failure without being hurt. Then again it is compensated as i am one who gets hurt the most by friends, i am the worst in handling treachery. //

If all men count with you, but none too much,
// I think trying to be friends with everybody i meet, may have brought some of this in me.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
// I really need this but i am not able to change the happy go lucky attitude in me. Maybe some time later for a reason important enough i may even learn this. //

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!
// ENCHANTEE isn't it. These last two lines just hit the heart like a bull's eye bullet shot. //

HOPE you people like the poem if not the notes and just a friendly reminder this thoughts were my current and personal thoughts which may change at later date so do not just weigh me by these.

No comments: