Pages

Search

Custom Search

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rainy Day - 21st June

I had told my friend that i am gonna write about this day so here i am writing after so many days. The day had started wonderfully as it was another one of the days of my holidays. The usual part of the day was getting up late, after having been slept at 3 a.m. in the night or rather we can say day. Getting up at around 11 and starting my computer even before brushing teeth. As had been most of my days this day too went on joyfully as i enjoyed the freedom of doing nothing as such and but anything i wanted which comes during the holidays. The best part was just starting and i found about it in the evening.

For starters, i went shopping with a friend of mine which meant a difference from daily routine. Just bought some cloths for him and some gifts for his relations. It took us a lot of time to find parking space as we were in one of the busiest areas of the city (jail road). My training classes were just nearby so we shopped with ease till the last minute as there was minute chance of getting late. Finally when we had completed our shopping and i had left my friend to take a bus home. At this time the real essence of my story - THE RAIN - started to fall. I was just at a distance of about 1 kilometer from the class but even then till the time i reached the class i was absolutely drenched in water. It had rained cats and dogs, it was not even a rain but a heavy deluge. My t-shirt was so wet that when i took it off in bathroom to try to dry it, as i squeezed it the water which fell had filled half of a bucket. Lacking time i went to my class dripping loads of water, at every step that i took. I was the first to come to my class. The faculty there after seeing me so wet offered me not just any handkerchief or towel but the whole bedsheet. Few minutes of drying and standing below the fan had normalized me enough to be wet without leaving watermarks everywhere.

Just few moments later i got a call from my sister that she had reached the class and was also drenched pretty badly though not as badly as i was. So the size of the bedsheets were tested as we both had used it. We both were the only people on the class who made it that day as others didn't come due to the rain. That day was one of the best days of my life as i had the most fun i ever had with her. I do not know about her though, as this may not be the very best of her days, the reason for that will be clear later. So we both had lots of talk and fun with each other and yes also some few moments of studies that ended when the class got over around 7. What next ? The rain was still falling like Armageddon was close and the earth would end as one big water ball. The whole roads were flooded such that there was knee deep water just outside our class and all along the route. The icing on the cake was that my sister's vehicle wouldn't start. For half an hour, we took turns trying to kick start her ride which really told me that why a self start in my vehicle is so necessary. Finally we decided to leave her vehicle in the class itself and she took the ride back home with me. Well this is reason enough to make this ride a joy ride but this was not all the fun. Imagine travelling on knee deep water with continuous rainfall and you have your sister sitting behind you who has just recovered from an leg injury from an road accident. Even after all this we were travelling on new routes and dimly visible roads to avoid the roads fully submerged in water and craters(not holes). Well it was one heck of a ride. I will definitely remember this day for a long period and whenever i read this post again.
For my sister thanks for making this day so special.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey.......its quite good one...
but, i think, something is missing here...i don't know what is it!
but still i think.....
but really it is appreciable...

Zarconic said...

you would need to remember and tell me someday what.

meetpriyam said...

Its a really good way to express.and this is a unforgetable day of life which gives smile in your face.