Pages

Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Traveling the unknown path

Being new to the city and low on cash I decided to walk the distance(Total 14 kms... yes it is my own version of Harshal vs. The machines and I won) from my place near UL (University of Limerick) to the Limerick City Centre for some specific shopping(badminton racket) and finding Garda office for immigration appointment next day. 

I planned to take the pictures of anything interesting I find on the road. The first picture was the beautiful grass and trees in UL. For person like me who calls himself environmental and always loves green. This place is heaven there greenery and grass everywhere. I can just fall asleep on the grass in the shadow of a tree for hours.


Limerick Garden
Once I had started my walk on the road I saw these Tall flagpoles and I was curious about the flags flying up there. I had seen lot of thin metallic flagpoles in India and USA and they all had one thing in common. There was a rope that allowed the flags to be raised and taken down. I could not find any rope and I would definitely try to find out and share how or if they do it. 

Limerick flagpoles

As this was the first time going towards the city and with a paper map which was drawn by a friend, I was looking for a sign that I was going the right way. One such sign that helped a lot was this one telling me I was entering into a cultural city. Yet when I got into Limerick I found huge signs posted on pillars about Limerick the city of sports. 



I was a lone wolf (UL wolves) and so I spent most time looking in the map so that I was following the road (which was stupid as it turns out the road I followed was straight). I finally reached the city centre and took the pictures of a city map and my new bucket list in Limerick for my next travel. 






It took me a look into 10-12 sports shops before I found my badminton(Yonex Nanoray) in Gleesons sports shop....FYI do not ask for route to Gleesons as you may end up in a bakery or a market or even a shoe store before you get to the sports store. Best is to ask them where the biggest sports store is located and if it is called Gleesons. Garda office on the other hand was very easy to find. 

On my way back I was looking at the cultural clues but what I did find was the wall art I liked a lot in USA. 


Maybe on my next trip I will find a lot of more interesting things to show you all. Keeping fingers crossed for the next journey as the temperature is dropping.  

No comments: